WISE (Wellness Initiative for Senior Education)
Free Program Focuses on Educating Seniors - The Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) Program celebrates healthy aging and educates older adults on a variety of topics.
This free program is sponsored by the Sussex-Wantage Municipal Alliance, Sussex County Division of Senior Services and Center for Prevention and Counseling.
The educational program offers six lessons that cover a wide range of topics. Participants will have an opportunity to meet new people and:
- Learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it
- Discuss risk factors and behaviors older adults should avoid to stay healthy
- Examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently and how they can avoid problems
- Learn how to use simple tools to help you feel more empowered about your health and the healthcare you receive
Free breakfast will be served at each lesson, and all program participants will be eligible to receive a gift certificate and other giveaways.
Registration is required; please contact Tina Thompson at 973-383-4787.
Call for fee schedule.
For more information, contact Tina at 973-383-4787 or contact us by email.